Radial Pulse Wave/Shockwave Therapy in Fishers IN
Radial Pressure Wave (RPW) in Fishers IN, also known as Shockwave, is a therapy that utilizes ultrasound (focused ultrasonic energy) to stimulate the body's natural healing capability. By sending high-energy acoustic waves into the area of complaint, this treatment works to stimulate new cell growth in the body's tissues.
How Can Radial Pulse Therapy help in Fishers IN?
Shockwave therapy has been used since the 1990s, when it was used to treat individuals with kidney stones. Through this initial purpose for treatment with shockwave therapy, doctors found that this therapy seemed to positively affect the bone and soft tissue by accelerating healing. They started conducting further research on this finding - and now we know that RPW therapy can help with a myriad of different conditions.
Radial Pulse Wave Therapy (RPWT) is a non-invasive medical technique that uses high-frequency acoustic waves to stimulate healing and regeneration in injured or damaged tissues. Some potential benefits of RPWT may include:
- Pain Relief: RPWT may help reduce pain associated with musculoskeletal injuries, chronic pain conditions, and inflammation.
- Improved circulation: RPWT may improve blood circulation in the body, which can promote healing and regeneration of damaged tissues.
- Faster recovery: RPWT may help accelerate the healing process, reducing recovery time for injuries or surgeries.
- Increased mobility: RPWT may help improve joint mobility and flexibility, which can be beneficial for individuals with arthritis or other conditions that affect joint function.
- Reduced inflammation: RPWT may help reduce inflammation in the body, which can help alleviate pain and promote healing.
- Non-invasive: RPWT is a non-invasive technique, meaning it does not require surgery or other invasive procedures. This can make it a safer and more comfortable option for individuals who are not candidates for surgery or who wish to avoid invasive treatments.
Research regarding the RPW/Shockwave Therapy:
Some conditions treatable with RPW/Shockwave Therapy:
Radial Pulse Wave Therapy (RPWT) has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of musculoskeletal and pain-related conditions. Some of the conditions that may be treated with RPWT include:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Golfers Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Hip Bursitis
- Patellar Tendinopathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis)
- Shin Splints
- IT Band Syndrome
It's worth noting that the specific benefits of RPWT may vary depending on the individual and the condition being treated. It's always important to discuss any medical treatments with your chiropractor to determine the most appropriate course of action for your individual needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
The success rate of shockwave therapy for musculoskeletal conditions is reported to range from 65% to 91%. The majority of published papers have shown positive and beneficial effects of using shockwave therapy as a treatment for musculoskeletal conditions. Shockwave therapy is FDA-cleared for the treatment of both acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
9:00am - 6:00pm
7:00am - 12:00pm
9:00am - 6:00pm
9:00am - 5:00pm
7:00am - 12:00pm
Saturday & Sunday